It’s The Green Season!
The summer rains have been less than productive so far this year in Southern Africa as several countries are heading into drought conditions. But for those looking to enjoy safari, dry weather is a positive for wildlife viewing, and some recent rain has added extra volume to the Victoria Falls. The trees are in full blooming glory and the birds are simply spectacular. Many species have their babies this time of year, and our clients have been enjoying watching tiny zebra, warthogs and elephants on their safaris this week. The little ones attract their fair share of predators offering some amazing action scenes that will stay with you for life. The rains bring cooler weather and dramatic skies, but don’t worry, it never rains for very long. You’ll still have plenty of sunshine every day. It’s a truly special time to visit Southern Africa and we have it on sale!
For just $550 per person per day, we can offer our favorite exclusive camps in Botswana’s prime wildlife
viewing areas as well as our favorite lodges in the Victoria Falls region. The cost includes all meals, game drives and boat rides with professional guides, and transport between camps. It’s an amazing deal for an amazing destination and its valid until 20 March 2016. Plan to spend at least 3 nights in each camp to make the most of what the camps have to offer and all the activities available in each unique landscape. South African Airways are offering excellent deals on their direct flights from the US at this time of year too.
In Botswana’s Okavango Delta your choice of camps includes:
- Xigera – explore a combination of islands, waterways and lagoons in the heart of the Okavango Delta by mokoro and boat, nature drives and island walks – including a trip to the famous Chief’s Island.
- Jacana Camp – a true water camp that during these months, boasts fantastic game viewing opportunities on the now dry and lush grasslands of Jao Flats. Experience the picturesque floodplains and lush palm islands on game drives, combined with boat and mokoro activities into the permanent lagoons and channels.
- Duba Plains – Duba Plains is perhaps the Okavango Delta’s most remote camp. The camp is situated on an island, surrounded by expansive seasonally flooded plains and shaded by tall ebony, fig and garcinia trees. This pristine area is home to Lion, Leopard, Lechwe, Elephant and huge herds of Buffalo, as well as a large variety of Okavango Delta bird life.
In Botswana’s Linyati region your choice of camps includes:
- Duma Tau – overlooking a large lagoon, and close to the iconic Savute Channel, this camp and incredible area offers both game drives by day/night and nature walks. The region possesses all the habitat diversity, making it a haven for wildlife.
- Selinda Camp – with its large, game-rich floodplains Selinda offers a unique wildlife experience by vehicle and foot. Boating on the Selinda Spillway – a unique waterway linking the Okavango Delta and the Linyanti Marshes – provides a different perspective to this area.
- Linyanti Discoverer Camp – an authentic and rustic safari camp which offers day and night game drives in the productive northern sector of the Linyanti Concession. This is an ideal location from which to explore the Savute Channel, the edge of the African Rift and the wildlife-rich Zibalianja Lagoon.
In the Victoria Falls area your choice of camps/lodges include:
- Toka Leya – set in a private and secluded location in the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park, overlooking the mighty Zambezi River and close to the Victoria Falls. Tent interiors boast cool wooden flooring, tasteful, uncluttered African décor in earthy hues and climate-control.
- The River Club – located on an elevated bank of the Zambezi River with sweeping views upstream, this well-appointed Edwardian-styled lodge offers a refined start or end to any safari.
- Sussi Lodge – just upstream from the world-famous Victoria Falls, and built on the banks of the Zambezi, the lodge offers air-conditioned tree houses, connected by wooden walkways, and two private family houses, all with uninterrupted views over the Zambezi River.
Contact us for more information regarding conditions, more camps and details about this safari offer.